Friday, May 2, 2008

My Life As Mommy

I started thinking about how much my life has changed in the past few months and realized I needed to give all my friends and family a heads up on mommyhood. I know some of you may be experiencing it in the future and you may find my mishaps and milestones inspiring. Actually you'll probably find them more amusing than inspiring. Or you might be only slightly scintillated, but at least you'll know what's going on.

My little CiCi is only two months old, but it feels like I've had her for a lifetime. This week she discovered her hands and feet. She also discovered that she likes having her Mommy hang over her crib when she goes to bed at night. She is really good at keeping one eye open to assure that I don't leave before she falls asleep.

She gets craftier by the day. She proffers her most beautiful smiles right before bedtime. I think she knows it works better than screaming at the top of her lungs. That's generally when I get on the internet to see if they auction off babies on Ebay. Even in those dark hours I am astounded by the fact that I am her mother and she is my child. God's blessings sometimes come in small, diapered packages that often spit sour milk all over my lap.

1 comment:

Dorothy ("Dorry") said...

aww!! She discovered her hands and feet? So cute. Yes we much prefer her smiles to her wails! They are much cuter. Wonderful blog. A delight to read!