Thursday, February 5, 2009

Counting Down

Despite all the hoopla involving our possible purchase of a home in Dillsboro (another post entirely), I have had one thing on my mind lately- CiCi's impending birthday. It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that it's been almost a year since she was born. It seems like yesterday I was in the hospital holding my tiny bundle and wondering if I had lost my mind nine months before. I was in awe of this little person and the huge, nay, ginormous burden of raising her to be a godly young woman. I am still in awe of her- how much she's grown, how much her personality has developed, how mobile she is (Lord help us).

It's difficult to imagine myself as a mom, especially the mom of an impending toddler, but when someone mentions mama and CiCi points at me accusingly, I am reminded that I am no longer just Susanna. She frustrates me sometimes (she tried to delete my entire post moments ago), but delights me most of the time. I can only imagine the joys the coming year will provide. I plan on writing her a letter on her birthday. Perhaps I will post it here so you can all cry and reminisce with me. I also plan on creating a 1 year slideshow which I will definitely post here. Stay tuned- it'll be a sappyfest of epic proportions.
I leave you with this:

She scores a 100 on the cuteness-O-meter.

No comments: